Resources for Ametros Members on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Amid ongoing concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Ametros is closely monitoring the latest reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization, and other government entities. Ametros has taken a number of precautionary measures for the health and safety of our members and colleagues.
We recognize that at this time our members may be affected by COVID-19 and we want to make sure that you have the most effective resources and support during this time.
Information and news about the Coronavirus is quickly changing. View the CDC website for the most up to date information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
How We Can Help:
Medicare has released information and resources for Medicare beneficiaries on their website: https://www.medicare.gov/medicare-coronavirus
Use Mail Order for Your Prescriptions:
As part of your CareGuard membership, you have access to a mail order pharmacy service for home delivery, in the case you want to avoid physically going to a pharmacy.
Use Video Services:
Medicare pays for specific (Part B) physician or practitioner services furnished through a telecommunications system. Telehealth services substitute for an in-person encounter.
An interactive audio and video telecommunications system that permits real time communication between the physician/practitioner and the beneficiary (patient) must be used.
Covered Medicare Telehealth Services include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency department of initial inpatient consults
- Follow-up inpatient telehealth consults to beneficiaries in hospitals or skilled nursing facilities
- Office or other outpatient visits
- Subsequent hospital care services (1 telehealth visit every 3 days)
- Individual psychotherapy
- Pharmacologic Management
- Psychiatric diagnostic interview examination
- Care management services after hospital discharge
Telehealth services may be submitted for payment by a provider/practitioner either electronically or on paper, using the appropriate CMS approved codes and modifiers.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has increased access to telehealth for Medicare beneficiaries so they are able to receive more services from their doctors virtually, without visiting a doctors’ office or other facility. Read more about these changes here: https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-sheets/medicare-telemedicine-health-care-provider-fact-sheet
Guidance from the Centers for Disease Control
The CDC recommends preventative measures, including:
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc. Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
- Wash your hands after touching surfaces in public places.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Clean and disinfect your home to remove germs: practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks & cell phones).
Industry Impacts Due to COVID-19
Ametros is closely monitoring state workers' compensation boards for closures, as well as virtual options such a telephonic and video meetings. We will be updating this page frequently to provide you with the most up to date information: https://ametros.com/industry-impacts-due-to-covid-19/